Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Mon Feb 12 04:59:10 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 at 23:00:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Even little ones like char16_t, char32_t, and being able to
> separate digits with single quotes, and larger ones like static
> if and ranges.

D's support for ranges is probably the single most important
reason why I choose to use D. (lot's of other very good reasons
too, but not as important as ranges).

When I look at other languages now, the first thing I want to
know is, does it have integral support for ranges??

"ranges .. improve safety when compared with iterators because
they never allow invalid pairs of iterators."

http://www.informit.com/articles/printerfriendly/1407357