proposal: heredoc comments to allow `+/` in comments, eg from urls or documented unittests

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Feb 12 08:04:37 UTC 2018

On 2/11/2018 8:59 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
> Though I do realize that's not likely to happen. It's not as if I'm saying "hey,
> go do this". All I'm really saying is "I like this idea, I'm in favor of it, and
> it's worth being open to." Not much more than that.

 > "That's a reasonable point and a would be a nice touch, and it doesn't impact
 > other things. Andrei and I, naturally, can't dedicate any of our resources to
 > it because we have more crutial priorities on our plates, but we wouldn't
 > necessarily veto a quality implementation."

It has nothing to do with my or Andrei's time, nor anything to do with whether
it is a quality implementation or not.

We should not be adding features just because we can. They need a compelling
case. This one does not have one. If such a case does emerge in the future, we
can look at it again.

I do not wish to tacitly greenlight projects that have little chance of being
incorporated. It isn't right to waste peoples' time like that. I don't derive
any pleasure from being Dr. No, but somebody has to do it, and it falls to me.