Old but interesting link as to the low adoption reason for D

Bo bo41 at bo0041.com
Mon Feb 12 21:42:25 UTC 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammingLanguages/comments/4etdnc/free_pascal_is_very_super_mega_ultra_underrated/

Ignore the part about Pascal and read the Post by matthieum:

> I have, for my company, been part of a group in charge of
> exploring the criteria for the inclusion of new languages in
> the company's set of supported languages.

Here are some of the comments:

> Note that we already rejected D because we did not find it
> compelling enough. We are not looking for a 10% better
> language; given the cost of adding a language (as alluded
> above), which are much more linked to talent management than
> technological issues, a new language has to:
>
> either cover an area that is ill-covered today (we added Python
> in the last couple years for this, and Scala is being
> prototyped for BigData analysis)
>
> or bring a significant benefit it aims at displacing an
> existing language

This is part of the issues that D faces. Especially that last
sentence... "bring a significant benefit".

And some other user his responds:

> D is now more of a research platform for Walter than anything
> else.

Public image is very important ... Its not the first time
stumbling on comments like this.