Old but interesting link as to the low adoption reason for D

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Mon Feb 12 22:35:58 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 22:10:49 UTC, Bo wrote:
> On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 21:49:00 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> wrote:
> How to fix? It only gets fixed when the people above put
> forward a clear goal for the language. When that is lacking and
> people move at random like headless chickens with the end
> result?

Bo

why not try, for a change to show a positive attitude
you must of have heard of something good about D that brought you
here

D, had a small community, so any contribution you make will be
very visible and appreciated

betterC is not a bad initiative, and i dont think we have the
right to tell others where to put their effort, its too bossy,
and you wouldnt accept it for yourself

I believe the untold D one true calling, is to be a full stack
language, used for both high level and low level programming,
offering all the programming facilities in one coherent package
.. it will take time to get this right

betterC fit well into this, in my opinion, by improving support
for the low level parts of a program

There is no train that D, is trying to catch, so take your time
with D, continue using the other languages you find more
productive or commercial, and  give D 10% of your time

In that time, you can catch a bug, and issue a bug report
Write a missing library
Extend a library

Those are simple suggestions that should be feasible to anyone

Compiler hacking is not for everyone, and I know this can be the
source of frustration for many developers, you cant change D, but
dont let this consume you

Again consider my suggestion, just give D 10% of your time .. and
use it for something positive