Being Positive

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Tue Feb 13 11:36:35 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 08:08:28 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 01:32:29 UTC, psychoticRabbit
> wrote:
>> It is a human right..to complain ;-)
>
> Not to be that guy, but technically you have no rights in an
> online community.
>
> You have privileges.

You may have the privilege of participating in an online
community, sure.

But expressing something 'negative' would fall under the right to
freedom of thought, opinion, an expression (Article 19 of
Universal Declaration of Human Rights).

It takes a very special kind of community to recognise that the
community does not come at the expense of the rights of the
individual. It also takes a very special kind of person to know
that the individual does not come at the expense of the rights of
the community.

Many communities, and individuals, continue to struggle with this
philosophy - preferring one over the other. That is the real
cause of conflict, not the expression of negativity.

Personally, I found that youtube video (Life is better with
Rust's community automation - YouTube) rather disturbing.