Being Positive

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Feb 13 12:41:22 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me who
> is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D itself?

Here's an example from 2013, just a few months after I started
using D. Andrei posted that Facebook had started using D in
production. Someone thought the best possible response was to
post this:

When you will look at claim that some language (lets take for
example C# or Java) "supports feature X", that really means that
the feature is supported. In D this for sure means that the
feature is either broken or misdesigned (shared libraries,
routine code breakages, obsolete ms32 object format, AA arrays,
shared, const postblits, odd template crosstalk bugs, type system
holes, segfaulting lambdas, unstable stdlib, absent of
third-party libraries). Untill this stuff is fixed this is a huge
barrier irrespective of whether D is used in Facebook or not.