Being Positive

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:25:25 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me who
> is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D itself?

The reason is (as I see it) is very simple. People have/had a lot
of expectations about the language, its future and
invest/invested a lot of their time/money to the language. But D
is a community driven language and sometime we can have question
like that:

- - - - -
Do we have strong business driven goals? (Go)
Do we have strong theory driven goals? (Rust)
Do we follow main initial promise to be better / to replace C/C++?

The last one question is the most important. Instead of targeting
a real market for as, which is C/C++, we are building a "trendy"
language to compete with Python/Java/Go/Rust. Trends are changing
but C/C++ market are waiting us!
- - - - -

Community is moving. I see it during 8-9 years. The problem is
direction and speed.

So, if you see next time a negative emotions from someone just
remember that possibly this person likes the language and wants
it to be better then it is.

Best,
Ilya