Being Positive

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:57:43 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 07:35:19 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 23:54:29 UTC, Arun
> Chandrasekaran wrote:
>> Sorry if I'm hurting someone's sentiment, but is it just me
>> who is seeing so much negative trend in the D forum about D
>> itself?
>
> Well, programmers are engineers, and engineers tend to focus on
> things that need improvement.

We aren't constantly effusive and positive because we care.  We
care and we see the cracks in the plaster and know that we, all
of us, can do better; can BE better.

Often all in different ways that others don't agree with.

And that's fine.

That said, there's a difference between constructive and
destructive negativity. It pays to recognise the difference and
not indulge the latter.

-Wyatt