Old but interesting link as to the low adoption reason for D

Fred xmen.cecep at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 11:38:32 UTC 2018

When god (walter) create eden (dlang) the man (bo the biz
developer) is very happy.
Man thinks he is in heaven.
Until man eat the forbidden apple(the ecosystem library, editor,
tools).
Now man understand he is in hell.

Walter has created great language.
But this language is not first class( first choice) on those
platform.
1. Windows : .net , java etc
2. Ios : swift etc
3. Android : java kotlin, no d
4. Linux : c java, may be d , etc

 From what i understand( i am very sorry if i am wrong). D almost
get customer, well almost. Bo was happy with the language but not
ecosystem.

For biz developer they expect very few bumps. This is normal.

So what can d-community do : create subforum so that they know
the bumps so they can avoid them.
Ask what they are building (the general only), on what platform,
what db, their background.
Tell them what library you use, workaround, platform compiler
odds tell them how you succeed. Provide them short cut : general
build files, code management, idioms, etc.
In short words : may be subforum for mentorship(can be free or
paid). Separate from learn forum.

It lowers heart attack , hipertension, anger, and disappointment.

Today big companies like microsoft, apple create great languages
for their platform AND partial supported language on other
platform.
Eg : swift for ios is official, swift on win is community.

These language serve as honey because they give away for free to
attracts us (the bee) so their product ecosystem (software or
hardware) survive.

D will never be rival for these language on that platform. For D
to survive it must be the only champion on a platform or at least
one of champion. My best guess is resource limited platform or
/and linux.

On those resource limited hardware platform, now, only 6 or 8
language but no clear champion ( for me, c and cpp not a
champion, but i will use them if no alternative. ).
I think betterc and nogc feature will make that happen. Lets hope
so.

But for now all d-community can do is serve that specific company
need for success, for their thirst of money. And hope their
feedback to the community when they want to leverage their
requirement such as library used, running platform etc.

Again i am sorry if i offend someone. Or i give you wrong info.