Vulkan

Danni Coy danni.coy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 03:52:06 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 13/02/2018 10:54 PM, Danni Coy wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Ivan Trombley via Digitalmars-d <
>> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com <mailto:digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I wanted to do some experimentation with Vulkan using D. None of the
>>     projects that I found (derelict-vulkan, d-vulkan and erupted) work.
>>
>>     Are there D bindings to Vulkan that actually work?
>>

>> strictly speaking you don't need a binding, you can access C code
>> directly as long as you write compatible header definitions for the parts
>> of vulkan you are actually using in your code.
>>

> Which is then called a binding ;)

The programmers I work with like to differentiate between situations where
you can call code directly and when you have to do stuff like marshalling
to get code in one language to talk to code in another language so I tend
not to think of writing header definitions as making bindings.