Status of @nogc with the runtime

Eugene Wissner belka at caraus.de
Sat Feb 17 12:44:35 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 17 February 2018 at 12:18:28 UTC, Peter Campbell
wrote:
> Hi everyone, it's been almost a year since I used D but I was
> wanted to get back into it. I was checking the 2017 vision
> pages and was wondering why there hasn't been a 2018H1 vision
> page but also what the current status of being able to use D
> without a garbage collector is?
>
> It was noted in the H1 and H2 pages for 2017 but looking
> through the compiler changelog doesn't indicate that we're
> there yet? https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2017H2
>
> Thanks.

Let me do a bit advertising :) I'm writing a library for @nogc D
programming, tanya. It has different aims than -betterC: I use
the full set of D features, just except features that require GC.
It isn't complete, I'm using it only in personal projects and it
is also a big learn project for me, so don't wonder that it
reimplements a lot of features "from scratch" and almost doesn't
depend on phobos. But if you like to play with it, you're welcome:
https://github.com/caraus-ecms/tanya