Anybody still using the chm docs

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 21:19:07 UTC 2018

On 15 June 2016 at 03:58, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> It's a huge maintenance effort for us to produce the chm files.
> We no longer generate documentation on Windows, but just for the chm
> generation we have dedicated tools [¹] to create an index (from a json
> generated via ddoc) and copy the html files.
> So I'm wondering if in 2016 someone really needs an offline copy of a
> website shipped with a binary release?
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1374
>
> [¹]:
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/7cc6e938154f90aa49fa
> 6451a85b13e35ab2de99/chmgen.d

I like the CHM docs.
I have encountered the same maintenance problem before, where build infra
is linux based, and the CHM docs need a windows machine to build... I
solved this problem by building the CHM via WINE ;)
Maybe this is a possible solution?