Anybody still using the chm docs

Martin Nowak code+news.digitalmars at dawg.eu
Sun Feb 18 21:37:01 UTC 2018

On 02/17/2018 10:19 PM, Manu wrote:
> I like the CHM docs.
> I have encountered the same maintenance problem before, where build infra
> is linux based, and the CHM docs need a windows machine to build... I
> solved this problem by building the CHM via WINE ;)
> Maybe this is a possible solution?

Yes might be an option, but I have little experience with Wine, and
adding more complexity to an already complex tool seems problematic.
We obviously do build releases on Windows (VirtualBox) and also have
Windows CIs, but Vladimir's doc tester is linux-only atm.

I mainly don't want to spent more resources to work on this, hence it's
offered for adoption. You might want to collaborate with Vladimir to
integrate this with dlang.org's appveyor.
It can easily test every build and upload artifacts for git tags.

-Martin