Annoyance with new integer promotion deprecations

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 01:39:16 UTC 2018

On 18 February 2018 at 17:34, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 February 2018 at 15:52, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just replying to the n.g. would be fine, no need to cc me on email and cc the mailing list.
>>
>> Also, your postings are double size again - html and plain text. Just the plain text, please.
>

> Apparently gmail has a new trick... reply to thread == reply-all.
> That's never happened before.
> Can the forum software strip out the HTML if it detects it in the
> post? I'm astonished this isn't a bigger problem; surely gmail is the
> worlds most popular mail client, by like, 50x...? How can this not
> happen to everyone?

Incidentally, why on earth are peoples personal email addresses even
in the mail header? It should be impossible for gmail to reply-all to
peoples private emails, because they shouldn't be anywhere in the
message to begin with.
I'd be pretty upset that the forum is leaking personal details like
that... sharing your private email in a public channel is a choice
that should be left to each user, and carefully controlled.

I find it kinda hard to accept responsibility here when I use the
worlds most popular mail client in it's default configuration... This
is a problem that should be fixed in the forum software.