Annoyance with new integer promotion deprecations

Tobias Müller troplin at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 20 06:40:25 UTC 2018

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
> On 02/19/2018 03:52 AM, Manu wrote:
>> On 18 Feb. 2018 10:25 pm, "Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d" <
>> digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/18/2018 7:52 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
>>
>>> Well, it's also the world's most inconsistant and statndards-disregarding.
>>> We're talking 1990's MS-level behavior here. It's *always* causing trouble
>>> for something or another.
>>>

>> And the great thing about NNTP is that the user gets to choose the client.
>> Not the server. If you don't like the way your client behaves, use another
>> one.
>>

>> Except in this case it's you that doesn't like the way my mail client
>> behaves.
>>

> Because your mail client is BROKEN.
>
>> I don't want to install software, I'll continue using Gmail, undoubtedly
>> the world's most popular mail client...
>
> Then petition *Google* to fix their shitty fucking software. You've
> already been told it has fuck all to do with NNTP.
>
> Seriously, why the fuck would ANYONE think that by relying on Google
> software they're somehow NOT being dragged along by the ear on Google's
> every whim and misstep. Christ, we've already been through all this SAME
> EXACT shit in the 90's with Microsoft, let's try actually *learning*
> from it and move on.

It's no wonder that D has so few contributors if they are actively scared
away.

If you want more people to contribute, make it as easy for them as
possible. I really don't understand why this cannot be solved on the
server. Replying to all adresses in the Reply-To: header isn't what I would
call broken anyway. Is he even using NNTP? Or maybe the mailing list
Interface?