NNTP client configuration

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 00:32:54 UTC 2018

On 20 February 2018 at 02:05, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Now, the double-posting with both text and html is another matter entirely
> and certainly something that's the fault of the e-mail client. I don't know
> how configurable that is with gmail though. Webmail tends to want to assume
> that you're going to do everything with html and isn't always very
> configurable (which is one reason why I use a local e-mail client and not
> webmail).

It's configurable... what seems to happen though, is that occasionally
my setting resets.
Perhaps google updates gmail and it resets some settings like that? I
dunno. I don't notice when the setting resets, but Walter does.
I agree, I can technically control this, but if the NG really doesn't
want the html version of the email, it would be easy for the mailing
list to mechanically truncate the html, since that's the default
setting for virtually all email clients anyway. Every mailing list
user must surely commit this sin?