NNTP client configuration

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 21 03:30:34 UTC 2018

On 2/20/2018 4:32 PM, Manu wrote:
> It's configurable... what seems to happen though, is that occasionally
> my setting resets.
> Perhaps google updates gmail and it resets some settings like that? I
> dunno. I don't notice when the setting resets, but Walter does.

I notice because the Thunderbird newsreader lists the line count of each post,
and it's pretty obvious when the line count is far higher than the number of
displayed lines.

> I agree, I can technically control this, but if the NG really doesn't
> want the html version of the email, it would be easy for the mailing
> list to mechanically truncate the html, since that's the default
> setting for virtually all email clients anyway. Every mailing list
> user must surely commit this sin?

Generally I think it is a bad idea to edit the news files to be something
different from what the user sent. It suggests we are editing the content as
well, and I don't want to get into that mess. The only thing I will do is delete
  posts.

Yours and everyone elses' posts are exactly as received.