SPF record for forum.dlang.org

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 23:21:05 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 21:57:59 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> I would greatly appreciate if the zone admin of dlang.org adds
> an SPF record
> also to forum.dlang.org.

Hi,

SPF/DKIM/DMARC are good ideas in general (currently
*.forum.dlang.org is CNAME'd to a single domain, so that would
need to change first). But, do I understand correctly that the
email you received was unexpected?

forum.dlang.org never sends out email unless you asked it to. In
order to receive reply notification emails, one must create a
forum account, post at least once, then, in settings, enable
email notifications for the "Replies to your posts" subscription.

According to my records, your first post under that user account
occurred on 2017-05-27, and you enabled the subscription on
2017-10-14. Is it possible that you've simply forgotten that
you've done this?

In any case, if you no longer wish to receive emails, every email
includes an unsubscribe link.

Hope this helps.