SPF record for forum.dlang.org

kdevel kdevel%% at vogtner.de
Thu Feb 22 00:16:47 UTC 2018

Vladimir!

On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 23:21:05 UTC, Vladimir
Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 at 21:57:59 UTC, kdevel wrote:
>> I would greatly appreciate if the zone admin of dlang.org adds
>> an SPF record
>> also to forum.dlang.org.
>
> Hi,
>
> SPF/DKIM/DMARC are good ideas in general (currently
> *.forum.dlang.org is CNAME'd to a single domain, so that would
> need to change first). But, do I understand correctly that the
> email you received was unexpected?

Sure. And I also got a notification email of your reply:

From: D Programming Language Forum <no-reply at forum.dlang.org>
Subject: Vladimir Panteleev replied to your post in the thread
"SPF record for forum.dlang.org"

Is this host ligitimately sending out these notifications?

[...]

> and you enabled the subscription on 2017-10-14.

I stand corrected. Found the config in the settings area.

> Is it possible that you've simply forgotten that you've done
> this?

Well, yes. Because I have not yet gotten any of these
notification until today.
I got no notification e.g. of this post

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/mutegviphsjwqzqfouhs@forum.dlang.org?page=2#post-fgfsezyxdzszmwniuizc:40forum.dlang.org

of 2018-01-11.

> In any case, if you no longer wish to receive emails, every
> email includes an unsubscribe link.
>
> Hope this helps.

Yes, partly.

Stefan