Why std_data_json is not default in phobos

JN 666total at wp.pl
Thu Feb 22 10:32:34 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 09:45:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Well, while that's definitely a problem, it really has nothing
> to do with why it's not in Phobos (no attempt to get it into
> Phobos has occurred since well before 2.077.1 was released),
> and if it _were_ in Phobos, then the regression would have been
> caught by the autotester, and the code that caused it would
> never have been merged - which is one advantage to having
> something be in Phobos rather than on code.dlang.org.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I believe it's a common practice in other languages to do
something like testing the compiler against top 20 (or more) most
popular packages, while I doubt this package would make it to top
20 (do we even have such metrics from dub?), do you know if
something like this is being done for D too?