New forum section under ecosystem?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Feb 22 13:49:44 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 12:11:18 UTC, JN wrote:

> Right now, there is no place to share projects being work in
> progress. Even if they never go anywhere, it could generate
> some nice activity. General is more for language related
> issues. Announce works pretty much only for finished projects.
> Anything under ecosystem doesn't work because it's for specific
> types of projects - compilers, IDEs and GUIs.

I have no objection to a new forum section. The more people post
about their projects and development experiences, the better. I
will point out that we have a discussion of this in our subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/7y6mku/whats_everyone_working_on/

I would like to have more of those threads in the future. Our
not-so-active subreddit makes the language look dead. We can't
even keep up with languages like OCaml and Fortran on Reddit.