How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:03:01 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 13:55:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> dlang's "forum" is really a newsgroup. It's accessible via
> NNTP, mailing list, and the web interface. Many of us never use
> the web interface, and the functionality in the web interface
> is limited, because all it's doing is posting to the NNTP
> server and fetching the messages from there to display in the
> web interface.
>
> And none of the features that you're talking about really make
> sense when you're dealing with NNTP or a mailing list. It's all
> just plain text.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

With the recent grumbling about receiving newsgroup posts in
gmail, it occurs to me that I have no idea how to even do that. I
imagine I could figure out Thunderbird if I bothered, but I
primarily use the forum.

Maybe the forum could add a read me at the top that gives
instructions on others ways to access it with a note that most of
the regular users interact that way (and how this functionality
leads to things like not being able to edit forum posts). This
would probably reduce the number of threads like this.