How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Feb 23 16:02:26 UTC 2018

On Friday, February 23, 2018 16:51:01 Biocyberman via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> So far so much better :)
>
> I really appreciate all answers given so far. Sorry I haven't found a
> way to reply to everyone.
>
> Many seems to be using the forum's web interface as a second - tier of
> interaction. I still don't know what can justify this practice.

The NNTP and mailing list interfaces predate the web interface by quite a
bit. The web interface was added primarily as a means of making it easier
for more casual folks to comment. Those who wish to use it as their primary
interface to the newsgroup are free to do so, but anyone looking for the
feature set of the web interface to change needs to understand that the web
interface is just one interface to an NNTP server and not your typical forum
software.

- Jonathan M Davis