How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sat Feb 24 12:00:49 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 04:41:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 04:18:29AM +0000, MattCoder via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 13:47:16 UTC, biocyberman wrote:
>> > 1. No post editing...
>>
>> You should be grateful for this, because I hate systems like:
>> Forums, Reddit and whatever, where people can edit/delete
>> posts changing the context of things.
> [...]
>
> +1. In the old days, it was called "bait and switch". After
> people reply to an initial post, edit it and change it into
> something else completely. It was one of the trolls' favorite
> tools.

Last week I saw a video showing how a forum was shutdown because
it was alledgedly full of racists. The thread where there were
"racist comments" was in fact one where the initial question was
ok, the answers absolutely nice but then the troll changed the
initial post to something sinister and all the positive answers
looked like agreement to the racist slur of the first comment. It
was then demonstrated that the troll was a journalist from a big
mainstream media. If I find the article again I will give a link
(it's in french though, might not interest that much).