Postgres and other database interfaces

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Feb 25 03:20:08 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 23:17:46 UTC, Denis F wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 22:24:58 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> 3. Looking at the source code, you have already written a
>> bunch of comments. Those are documentation once you turn them
>> into html.
>
> I'm for the comments to be documentation. But I am paranoid and
> do not like that the  documentation generator should be granted
> write access to the repository.

If you talk about using Travis to build the documentation and
push to gh-pages like e.g explained here [1]. There are solutions:

a) Use branch protection (GH offers this. No one can force push
something to protected branches)
b) Use a dedicated bot account (if you are worried about leaking
the credentials)
c) Use a dedicated *-docs repo to which Travis pushes
d) Push to a different location (e.g. S3, netlify

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/tkcndtapfypabsncxxla@forum.dlang.org