Slow code, slow

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Tue Feb 27 09:25:57 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 08:49:15 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 26 February 2018 at 21:38:09 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:12:25PM +0200, ketmar via
>>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]

When looking at the problem of compilation times I think:
Wouldn't it speed up the development process, if spiting your
code in modules would automatically results in creating small
libs which are - if possible - compiled only once?

The idea of using a caching mechanism, is an other general way
not to compile the same over and over again. Part of the
discussion is here:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7239#issuecomment-340256110