C++ launched its community survey, too

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Wed Feb 28 00:53:16 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 15:52:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> https://isocpp.org/blog/2018/02/new-cpp-foundation-developer-survey-lite-2018-02
>
> Andrei

really, online surveys are dodgy at best.

btw. Bjarne Stroustrup recently received the 2018 Charles Stark
Draper Prize for Engineering -
https://www.nae.edu/Activities/Projects/Awards/DraperPrize/DraperWinners/2018Draper.aspx

I think that is dodgy too. Why give someone a prize for creating
C++. I just don't get it.

It should have gone to the Java developers - cause they deserved
it.

C++ is the worst thing to have ever come out of computer science!

The only reason it's still with us, is because corporations are
stuck with it, and force it on us all, cause it's too expensive
for them to replace.

I want no part of it.

The answer to Q:15 => I'd go back in history and make Stroustrup
a fluffy dog, or a fluffy cat or something.