C++ launched its community survey, too

TheFlyingFiddle none at none.com
Wed Feb 28 18:45:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 10:15:13 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 00:53:16 UTC, psychoticRabbit
> wrote:
>> It should have gone to the Java developers - cause they
>> deserved it.
>>
>> C++ is the worst thing to have ever come out of computer
>> science!
>
> yes c++ is not the greatest language (thats why i use D). but
> java is the worst language i've ever used.

My least preferredlanguage of all times would be Perl. With (PHP
5.3) coming in at a close second :)

Perl is just... I get it, you can write somewhat nicer bash
scripts in the language. But people... they just go with it and
build these huge crazy systems that somehow 10+ years later
become my problem. The designer of Perl was clearly insane. Let's
store everything in fun global "invisible" variables, functions
don't specify arguments... And lets have the first letter of the
variable define how/what $, @, %, with fun auto conversions
everywhere :D.

PHP is better but there is some really weird stuff in it. Of the
top of my head is the auto type conversion system. This works, by
design...

//PHP
$a = 5;
$b = $a * "10 trains";
echo $b; //$b is now 50... Fun and interesting stuff right there

Compared to them, programming in C++ or Java for that matter is
like a dream. But when I can, I always use D. Mainly because
unlike every other language, it has static introspection, ctfe
and mixins. A whole new world of expressive power is gained by
this. Only thing missing is the ability to do arbitrary system
calls during compilation :D