What do you want to see for a mature DLang?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Mon Jan 1 00:09:16 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 31 December 2017 at 21:16:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/31/2017 8:18 AM, IM wrote:
>> What do you think? Do you agree that a process is needed?
>
> We've tried adding process before. It does not work, for the
> simple reason that it requires a dedicated group of people to
> dedicate time to it. Are you willing to do that?
>
> We have added process when someone has stepped up to do the
> thankless job of administering it.

Well, I've spent the last few months just learning the language,
debating issues on this forum, and fending off the occasional
attack. This is probably what most newcomers will go through too..

For the most part, I think D is a really nice language to 'play'
with, and thanks to all those that have made it happen.

Now as I think about moving from just playing with D, to making
serious use of it, this lack of 'process' you mention, could
become a real deal breaker.

The D Foundation should take this matter very seriously, in my
opinion, and invest in process, rather than just hoping it will
emerge out of the chaos of bugzilla.

By not focusing your attention on this more, I believe you risk a
lot of people refusing to contribute to D, and even turning away
from D. You also risk fragmentation in the D community.

Now, that asisde, happy New Year to you, and all.

Lets' make it a great year to advance D even further...