Developing blockchain software with D, not C++

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 12:24:29 UTC 2018

On Monday, 1 January 2018 at 11:24:45 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I am not arguing with their choice, but it was for a C++
> conference, so obviously they would praise C++…

Btw, I think one should be very sceptical of such presentations
in general:

1.  They are there to market their project, so they have a strong
incentive to appeal to the audience.  Offending the audience
would be a bad strategy.

2.  Developers often have technological preferences in advance
and will create arguments to defend their choice on rather
subjective terms using "objective" claims.

3. The design and scope of a project tend to grow in the
direction that the chosen platform is most suited for.

FWIW, I think the best technical choice for security related
infrastructure would be to write a library in C or Ada or some
other toolset where proven verification capabilities are
available, then tie it together using whatever is most convenient
on the platform you target.