D downloads

Laeeth Isharc laeethnospam at nospam.laeeth.com
Tue Jan 2 01:43:36 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 22:02:16 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/24/2017 7:33 AM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>>(The first person to receive
>> Bitcoin was Hal Finney, a prominent member of both the
>> extropians and cypherpunks lists).
> Hal was in the dorm room next to mine when I was a freshman. He
> was one of the smartest people I've ever known, by a wide
> margin. Also one of the nicest.
>
> I've always suspected Hal of being Satoshi :-) A grand joke
> like that is something he'd do.

Some people reasonably well placed to have an idea think he was
part of the group mind that Satoshi became...

I dug out the archives recently for both mailing lists.  Amazing
the high level of discussion back then, and how those fringe
ideas became mainstream.  It took a while though!