queries on druntime

Arun Chandrasekaran aruncxy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 18:38:20 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 08:00:44 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> If you mean process shared memory, I agree that there are many
> valid cases where you want to be in control of the memory. I
> have been thinking about extracting the core of the
> synchronization primitives into @system structs, so users can
> have more control over them, though I haven't had the time for
> that either.
>
> For now you have two options:
> A) roll your own struct-based implementations

Petar, thanks. I am looking to build an interprocess
synchronization primitive. I've tried to do something like this:
https://bitbucket.org/carun/boosted/src/tip/source/interprocess/sync/posix/mutex.d

But there must be some elegant (idiomatic) way to do this. I get
to play with D occasionally, mostly server side high performance
stuff. So please feel free to correct my mistakes if any.

Are there such common design patterns documented somewhere that
can be exploited? (I've watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMNMV9JlkcQ)

-
Arun