Old Quora post: D vs Go vs Rust by Andrei Alexandrescu

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 19:50:55 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 at 16:34:25 UTC, Ali wrote:
> "Overall it could be said that D has the downsides of GC but
> doesn't enjoy its benefits."

Not a true statement. Go does not have long pauses, but it has
slightly slower code and a penalty for interfacing with C.  Go
also has finalization with dependencies, so that they execute in
the right order…

The downsides/upsides of GC isn't something fixed for all designs.

> This post on Quora, makes it fully clear to me that the makers
> of D are fully aware of D's position

Not sure how you reached that conclusion.