Best SQL library to use with local desktop app

wakhshti www.google at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 20:39:59 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 12:45:51 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:

> As you proposed SQLite makes sense. My personal preference is
> the wrapper from Adam you can find here
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/sqlite.d
>
> Do you want to run on a specific OS only or should it run on
> multiple OS?
>
> There is also the Learn forum which fits better for beginner
> questions.
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

i downloaded the whole arsd and unzipped to folder that my main.d
is.

and main.d contents are:

>import std.stdio;
>import arsd.sqlite;
>

>void main(string[] args) {
>
>    Database db = new Sqlite("test.sqlite.db");
>
>    /+
>    db.query("CREATE TABLE users (id integer, name text)");
>    db.query("INSERT INTO users values (?, ?)", 1, "hello");
>    foreach(line; db.query("SELECT * FROM users")) {
>         writefln("%s %s", line[0], line["name"]);
>    }
>    +/
>}

i get this error:

D:\ashit\document\DlangIDE\database\database\source>dmd main.d
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
main.obj(main)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
_D4arsd6sqlite6Sqlite6__ctorMFAyaiZCQBiQBgQBc
main.obj(main)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4arsd6sqlite6Sqlite7__ClassZ
main.obj(main)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4arsd6sqlite12__ModuleInfoZ
Error: linker exited with status 3

the os i use is Windows7 (dual boot with ubuntu but mainly on
windows7)
also i tried several libraries. i couldn't run any database or
gui libraries correctly so far.
dlangui was the only gui library that i was able to run correctly.
im interested in DFL and Entice designer (never be able to run
them either)