Best SQL library to use with local desktop app

wakhshti www.google at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:12:54 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 16:38:27 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 12:14:19 UTC, wakhshti wrote:
>>
>> what is best (SQLite?) @small @local @offline database library
>> to use in D?
>>
>> and also what about a simple GUI library ? (once there was a
>> library named DFL, but i never could get it to run).
>
> I've used sqlite3 library:
>
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/sqlite3
>
> and it has worked well for me. Documentation is brief, but has
> a clean API and relatively easy to use.  However, there is
> small bug in the support for floating point values if you need
> that.  I submitted a patch but don't think it has made its way
> into the main repository.

yes, it is very good looking API. interesting
i downloaded and extracted files into my main.d file directory
this is main.d content:

>import std.stdio;
>import sqlite;
>
>void main(string[] args){
>
>	auto db = new SQLite3("datafile.db");
>
>}

when i run :
>dmd main.d
i get this error:

D:\ashit\document\DlangIDE\database\db>dmd main.d
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
main.obj(main)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6sqlite7SQLite36__ctorMFAyaZCQBdQz
main.obj(main)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6sqlite7SQLite37__ClassZ
Error: linker exited with status 2

what to do ?
i also downloaded new dmd but nothing seems going well.