What don't you switch to GitHub issues

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Jan 4 06:16:45 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 05:28:40 UTC, IM wrote:

> To clarify, I too like D. It is certainly very pleasant to work
> with. This post wasn't about GitHub issues vs Bugzilla. That
> was a get-off-at-a-tangent topic. This post is about what's
> needed for a more mature D; mature enough for extremely big
> companies to build bigger and more critical parts of their tech
> stacks in D (this *is* a huge investment)! The goal is never
> about making D a hype language.
>
> I agree, a great programmer can handle anything, not just D as
> it is, but that's never an excuse to be complacent, it's never
> an excuse not aim for a higher quality in the D compiler and
> the infrastructure. Hope you understand.
>
> Thanks.

D is one of the most interesting and easy to use languages I've
seen in a very long time, and I really enjoy 'playing' with it.

However...what D needs, IMHO, is a strategy to better handle
defects - as opposed to wishfully hoping that something will
arise out of the chaos of bugzilla.

This is not my area of experise, but, if I were a manager
evaluating the merits of D for use in a corporate software
project, and then I went off to bugzilla and looked at the items
for D.. I'd pause and think.....wtf is going on here.

I don't know how other open source projects manage this, or how
other mainstream languages manage this, but I would assume there
are 'best practices' out there...somewhere.

I doubt very much whether just allowing stuff to pile up in some
bugzilla repository, is a best practice.