What don't you switch to GitHub issues

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Jan 4 12:36:58 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 12:11:36 UTC, rjframe wrote:
> At the time of writing:
>
> Ansible has 3391 open bugs[1] (and ~master is often used in
> production).
> Python has more than 6000, 2000+ with patches[2].
> GCC (C and C++ components only) has 3119[3].
>
> Bugs are part of software. That's just life. It doesn't mean
> the software is unreliable/unusable, just that it can be better.

Whether D is usable, reliable or whatever was not my argument.

My argument is more broader, and is about how an opensource
project, like D for example, looks out for the interests of its
users. i.e quality assurance.

1000's of bugs suggest to me, a lack of QA.

A lack of QA suggests to me, a lack of concern for the interests
of users.

There are numerous research papers in this area, some of which I
am in the process of reading, to gain a better understanding of
QA in open source projects - and apparently it's a real issue of
concern to those researching this topic.

Anyway, as I go through these research papers, I suspect that it
is unlikely they will conclude that bugs are just a part of
software, and that's just life.. and least.. I hope not.