Old Quora post: D vs Go vs Rust by Andrei Alexandrescu

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 20:25:17 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 19:18:30 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 19:04:36 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>> Pony relates to Rust in terms of what they are trying to
>> accomplish with ownership. Pony's iso reference capability
>> seems to mirror Rust's borrow checker rule that you can only
>> have one mutable reference.
>
> But Rust isn't using garbage collection...

That probably makes Pony easier to compare to D. I was just
noting that Rust shares some ownership stuff with Pony. I suppose
I'm curious what is the bare minimum that needs to get added to D
to enjoy the benefits of an ownership system (and it seemed like
something like the iso type was most important).