Some Observations on the D Development Process

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jan 5 03:28:10 UTC 2018

On 1/4/2018 2:34 AM, Mike Franklin wrote:
> Walter seems to pop in daily, and occasionally reviews PRs, and his PRs of late
> are mostly just refactorings rather than fixing difficult bugs.
There's a lot of technical debt I've been trying to fix with that, and nobody
else seems willing to do it. For example, fixing the error messages so they make
use of color syntax highlighting. It's boring, tedious, unfun work, meaning I
get to do it :-)

Another issue is I've had the flu for a while which makes me tired, and then
it's best to work on things that don't require much mental energy.

(Yes, I got the flu shot, and the durned thing did not work.)