Some Observations on the D Development Process

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:26:12 UTC 2018

On Friday, 5 January 2018 at 10:08:11 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> A perfect project would be able to make quick decisions on PRs,
> but that doesn't mean closing PRs makes a better project. It's
> a little bit cargo-culty.

For my projects, even if a PR isn't perfect, unless it is just
plain bad or goes in a direction I strongly disagree with, I'll
merge it anyway pretty quickly and just fix up the bits I don't
like later myself.

So if something is OK but not great.... don't close it, merge it!
Just fix it up after and leave a note for the original PR author
showing your fixup commit so they can learn from it next time.