Some Observations on the D Development Process

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 5 15:41:31 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 07:28:10PM -0800, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 1/4/2018 2:34 AM, Mike Franklin wrote:
> > Walter seems to pop in daily, and occasionally reviews PRs, and his
> > PRs of late are mostly just refactorings rather than fixing
> > difficult bugs.
> There's a lot of technical debt I've been trying to fix with that, and
> nobody else seems willing to do it. For example, fixing the error
> messages so they make use of color syntax highlighting. It's boring,
> tedious, unfun work, meaning I get to do it :-)
[...]

I'm sad that it has to fall upon Walter to do these routine, mundane,
tedious work, when we greatly need his expertise elsewhere in D land.
Walter, what about posting a list of boring, tedious stuff that has
landed on your plate somewhere, so that those of us looking for
something to do can pick it up?

Stop staring at me like that! It's offens... no, you'll hurt your eyes!