Some Observations on the D Development Process

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Sat Jan 6 12:45:44 UTC 2018

On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:53:38 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> On 1/5/2018 7:39 AM, Seb wrote:
>> We should put things like this somewhere where it can easily be seen by
>> others.
>> The obvious candidates are the Wiki and Bugzilla, but both have
>> historically proven to yield poor results, e.g.
>
> Sigh. Bugzilla is the answer, and lots of people do troll Bugzilla
> looking for things to do. Adding another list somewhere else is not
> going to improve things.

Note that Andrei (I think) set up a "bootcamp"[1] keyword on bugzilla for
easy issues a while back; the problem has been solved though maybe not
advertised consistently. The wiki's "Get Involved" page includes a link to
preapproved and bootcamp issues. CONTRIBUTING.md also links to it - maybe
it's just on the forums nobody talks about it...

[1]: https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?
component=dmd&keywords=bootcamp&product=D