D client for ROS

thinwybk thinwybk at mailbox.org
Sun Jan 7 15:40:16 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 at 14:16:14 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 at 22:16:12 UTC, thinwybk wrote:
>
> Andrei thought it could be a good GSoC project.
> It may take a bit of effort to define the project such that the
> D community at large can benefit from it. I'm thinking about
> possible additions to dub/other tool to support a more complex
> build setup like ROS is using; but perhaps it is not needed
> with D's more advanced capabilities in comparison to C++.

Could be already too late for GSoC project w.r.t. timeline
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline I guess.
However despite of the GSoC project a D client library could be
very valuable to the D community.

> Shall we schedule a time for an online chat/discussion (slack,
> gitter, ...) to see how to proceed?  (and discuss tech things
> like ROS1 or ROS2, step-plan and minimum requirements, ...)
>
> cheers,
>   Johan

For everyone interested in the technological stuff refer to a
short summary in this repository:
https://github.com/fkromer/ros2-d-client-library

Cheers,
Florian