Arch Linux ldc package can't use asan

kinke kinke at libero.it
Tue Jan 9 17:54:11 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 at 15:27:56 UTC, Wild wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 at 15:19:37 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> I don't know who's the current maintainer of the Arch Linux D
>> packages. ldc1.7.0 from the Arch repositories doesn't work
>> with -fsanitize=address right now, it fails to link. I
>> originally filed an ldc bug here:
>
> I will look into this.
>
> - Dan / The maintainer

Thanks. The official package ships with a renamed copy of the
LLVM compiler-rt library (matching the LLVM version LDC was built
with), libldc_rt.asan-x86_64.a. If a copy is out of the question,
a dependency on the package containing that lib (original name:
libclang_rt.asan-x86_64.a) and a symlink may do the job.
libFuzzer is handled like this as well. See
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/v1.7.0/CMakeLists.txt#L742-L795.