Dll support: testers needed

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Wed Jan 10 00:44:21 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 at 20:07:03 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 at 18:32:24 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
> wrote:
> Thanks for your deep analysis. There are several reasons I want
> to have the exe as Delphi application:
> 1) I faced some minor (Delphi) IDE/Libraries bugs with having
> the Delphi gui within a dll.
> 2) The Delphi IDE provides you the possibility to e.g. easily
> change the exe icon/attach additional resources to the exe, ...
> 3) Delphi lets you also create android/iPhone applications. I
> assume there will be no other way than place the D coding
> within a shared object for this scenario.

I wrote a mixed language app with interdependent components (no D
though). The exe is minimal and does not export anything, its
main function is practically a one liner that calls into one of
the DLLs; but it could contain a lot more. First only the export
library is built for component 1. With it, component 2 is built
completely, giving a DLL and export lib. Now the DLL for
component 1 can be built and the exe.

I don’t know if this is possible in your case, but you may be
able to have a Delphi exe wth the things that must be there but
no exports, then have a Delphi DLL and D DLL with exports to each
other.

Not sure if it would make a difference, but this construction
works well for us.