!Alert! code.dlang.org down

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Thu Jan 11 11:10:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at 23:25:16 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at 10:10:22 UTC, Martin
> Tschierschke wrote:
>> In the moment I don't have access, hopefully this is only
>> temporal problem and the rescue team for fixing is already on
>> the way...
>
> Tips from the folks on Discord, for DUB outages:
>
> 1. If you have all required dependencies in your cache, and
> just want to avoid the network:
>
>     dub --skip-registry=all
>
>     Very useful on slow networks. However this won't help if
> you don't have the libraries in your cache.
>

> 2. If you wish to use a mirror
>
>     dub --skip-registry=standard -v
> --registry=http://code-mirror.dlang.io
>

> 3. If you need to fetch packages and mirror are down too
>
>     - git clone every repositery you need from GitHub
>     - $ dub add-local in every of these repositery
>     You might want to checkout older tags if you are not using
> the latest version of these repositeries.

Thank you for the hints, actually my problem was, that I wished
to access the DUB docs.
And the strange thing was, that even the google cache tried to
connect to code.dlang.org during delivery of the cached page, so
that even looking on the cached google content took quite a long
time before there was a timeout.

Therefore we should think about placing these kinds of infos
about DUB not on the DUB server at code.dlang.org.