Phobos bindings

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 01:18:17 UTC 2018

On 1/14/18 1:17 PM, Temtaime wrote:
> Phobos comes with zlib, curl and sqlite bindings.
> Zlib sources come with phobos, so there's no need to build and link with
> it separately.
> Why there's no curl and sqlite sources ?
>
> For example sqlite comes as 1 file. I think we can add it too, isn't it ?

The inclusion of etc in general has been considered a mistake. Since
they were added, dub has obviated any need to include such things in
Phobos. In fact there have been efforts to remove them from Phobos
(https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4283).

That being said, zlib is quite a static library. The others are actively
developed, and we shouldn't need to keep updating all our sources when
the external dependencies change.

-Steve