__traits(documentation, X)

ketmar ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org
Wed Jan 17 03:59:08 UTC 2018

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> I shudder at the thought of compiled code being affected by documentation.
>
> I don't like it, sorry.

it's not really different from `version(DDoc)`, or string mixins, or UDAs.
i can put documentation in UDA, and process code differently when UDA
changes. yes, UDA is not a comment -- but it doesn't affect code generation
directly too. there is just no way to stop people from writing abominations
once we got metaprogramming. and adding artificial limitations on that just
makes people more inventive, but won't stop infestation. ;-)