__traits(documentation, X)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:48:45 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 18 January 2018 at 16:41:04 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Furthermore, I'd ask, if it's possible today, why do we need a
> __traits to do it?

It is an enormous pain to do it now.... well, sort of, actually,
the way I'd do it now is do a two-step makefile, where step 1
runs a ddoc generator and step 2 import("generated.html") it.

But, for stuff like little command line arg stuff, or web
interface creation, it is nice to be able to print that data more
conveniently. Any code that uses it in an evil way should be
stupid, but writeln(__traits(documentation, foo)) is useful and
not really harmless.