Proposed Phobos equivalent of wcswidth()

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:42:26 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at 22:59:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I took a first stab at integrating this into dlang/tools:
>
> 	https://github.com/quickfur/tools/tree/unicode_gen
>
> So far, I can get the 64-bit generator to run and produce the
> generated unicode_*.d files. Unfortunately they are missing the
> 32-bit data, because I couldn't get a 32-bit dmd toolchain
> working on my PC.

> Maybe you could take a look and submit PRs against that branch
> for any fixes you'd like to get in?  I'll see if I can somehow
> get 32-bit working on my PC.
>
> Alternatively, maybe the solution is to hack the Trie code so
> that it uses explicit int sizes rather than size_t, then we can
> use it to generate both 32-bit and 64-bit tables without
> requiring the host platform to support both.

Yes, I guess we have to allow word size to be redefined. I just
wanted fastest version by default w/o possibility to screw up on
the user side of things.

Also forgot to mention that can pass BitPacked!(ubyte,2) to Trie
template as value type to use 2 bit per value. Should reduce your
width table 4-fold. Just saying;)